Thursday, October 28, 2010

Junky

(a repost from my almost extinct Multiply site)

I need caffeine to function. It is my stimulant, my alarm, my wake up call to the day ahead. I depend on coffee because without it, my day never seems to begin. How unfortunate for me, a caffeine junky, to be hooked on its heavenly aroma and bittersweet taste, when a good cup of coffee can sometimes cost more than a meal.

I like good coffee. No, I love good coffee. The instant kind is okay, but it isn't as enticing as the real thing. It's like craving for sinigang and having nilaga in its absence. It's yummy, but not what you wanted.

Many times I've tried to kick the habit, but all to no avail. To me, its like cigarettes. I NEED it. I just HAVE to have it. Both (coffee and cigarettes) are addictive and I, being the sucker that I am, am addicted to both.

I feel compelled to make a change in my coffee-guzzling habit but it's hopeless. The coffee establishments will not lower their prices and I surely don't have the strength to resist. I am utterly and completely powerless.

I, regretfully, resign to remain... a Caffeine Junky.

No comments:

Post a Comment